Dr. Sonali bhat
Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment in Mohali
Do you have a tattoo that you want to remove now? If you have a tattoo on your body that you don’t want anymore then you can visit our clinic. We at Dr. Sonali Bhat’s Clinic provide the Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment that remove tattoos quickly, easily, and safely.
How It Works
Lasers work by directing energy toward ink in the skin with highly concentrated colored light beams. These laser beams break up ink particles into tiny fragments, which are later cleared up by the body’s scavenging cells. This process of fragmenting the ink particles requires numerous sessions depending on the depth of the ink level. The procedure is bloodless and no incisions are made.
The laser selectively targets the pigment of the tattoo without damaging the surrounding skin. With deeper penetration of the skin and multiple sessions, however, the heat generated by the lasers may cause pain and blister formation. Even though laser technology is refined, the chance of scarring is always present with multiple treatments. This is not only true for laser tattoo removal, but with nearly all tattoo removal methods.
– The person should avoid tanning as this might hinder with treatment
– If a person is on oral retinoids then the treatment should not be done for at least 6-12 months.
– A test patch can be done in order to evaluate treatment parameters
– The area to be treated should be cleaned thoroughly
During the Process
– The patient might feel some pain
– Presence of ash –white color due to steam and gas bubbles which resolves in 30 min
– Pinpoint bleeding may be observed
– Area appears inflamed
– Use of broad-spectrum sunscreens throughout the period of treatment
– Application of ice-pack if burning persists for some time, following which an antibiotic can be applied by the suggestion of your dermatologist
– Excessive physical activity, pools, spa, etc should be avoided for at least 72 hours post-treatment
– No scratching or rubbing the area, this can cause aggravation of an injury
Benefits of Sonali Bhat’s Laser Tattoo Removal treatment
- It helps ensure that the tattoo is completely removed and your skin looks like it had never been inked.
- Smaller tattoos can be taken out faster; however, it will take time for those bigger ones.
- It can be done on both new and old tattoos.
How Many Treatments Do You Need?
It takes longer to remove a tattoo than the time it took for the same tattoo to be made. It takes from 6 to 12 sessions (4-6 weeks apart). It depends on the number of colors used in your tattoo, the size of the design, the type of ink used and the age of tattoo on your body. Larger tattoos may take more sessions to achieve optimum results. Smaller tattoos [especially black tattoos] are easier to remove than larger multi-colored designs.
Are there any precautions to take Before and After the Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment?
As with all laser treatments, you must avoid exposure to direct sunlight before the treatment, during the treatment and for some weeks following the treatment.