Dr. Sonali bhat
Beard Transplant Treatment in Mohali
What Is A Beard Transplant?
A beard transplant takes hair from another part of your body (usually the base of your scalp at the back, or under your chin) and transplants it to your face.
Most guys who get beard transplants do it to cover up scars, but a growing minority is doing it just to get a great beard.
What’s Good About A Beard Transplant?
- You can choose your beard style just like your hairstyle.
- Minimal Pain
- The incisions made on your face are so tiny they don’t hurt more than a small pinch.
- Minimal Recovery Time
- You’ll probably have to take a sick day for the transplant itself, which can take up to five hours. After that, the worst you can expect is a few days of slight swelling and redness.
- You Can Shave and Style Your Beard as Normal
- Your new hair follicles will be permanently grafted in, so your beard will look and function like anyone else’s.
Types Of Beard Transplants
The most common procedure used for beard transplants is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The surgeon will remove individual hairs (in their follicles) from a donor region and graft them wherever you want your beard filled in.
The procedure takes 2-5 hours and will leave only tiny circular scars where hair follicles were removed. Some clinics perform it manually, while we use mechanical aids. This type of transplant has a faster recovery time than other options, and most people who undergo it report no discomfort.
The other main type of transplant is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). This is when a surgeon takes a strip of tissue from another area, stitches up the wound, and transplants the hairs on it. This leaves a long but very fine scar.
Although FUT takes slightly longer (both to perform and to recover from), it also generally results in a fuller beard because more hairs are transplanted overall.